- Avoid having a fire for 24hrs before the technician arrives.
- Please remove the ash from the fire box before the appointment or it can be removed by our technician for an additional fee of $40.
- Before your appointment, please move any breakables or furniture away from the immediate workspace area.
- The technician will need 1.8m to 2.4 m (6 to 8 feet) of clearance around the workspace.
- It is best if pets are put in a safe room, away from the noise of the vacuum.
The Chimney Cleaning Appointment:
- We lay tarps out in front of the fireplace to ensure that your carpet doesn’t get dirty and then set up a high-speed dust collector, with TRIPLE FILTRATION, to make sure that no soot gets into your home.
- We sweep the inside of your fireplace starting at the firebox floor and continue to sweep the chimney to the top of the flue/chimney.
- We then clean, inspect and if need be, adjust the damper and damper assembly.
- We use brushes on rods to sweep the flue/chimney, hand brushes for the firebox and smoke chamber, and a HEPA
HEPA: High Efficiency Particulate Air filter can remove at least 99.97% of dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, and any airborne particles with a size of 0.3 microns (µm).
filter equipped vacuum to clean the air you breathe.
- After doing all this, we do a visual inspection of the outside of the chimney (weather permitting). Any damage or needed repair we find is documented on video or with digital photos that can be sent to you.
- When we are through, we will leave with you a copy of the written chimney system cleaning evaluation.
- We recommended this service to be done annually.
Other Possible Chimney Sweeping Costs
Some of the things that can increase the rate for your specific chimney and fire system are:
- Length of the chimney
- Bends in the chimney system (Some require disassembly)
- Existing damage to chimney system or fire system
- Amount of time since last maintenance was performed (creosote build up)
- Time of year (Winter Rates apply from November 1 to April 1)
- Emergency service
- Travel distance to location from Bragg Creek (We do our best to book services in the same area together to decrease or eliminate this expense for our clients)
- If the firebox and cleanouts are NOT emptied before we arrive