- Improve your home’s safety with a chimney cleaning
- A chimney cleaning helps reduce chimney fire risks
- Prolong your chimney’s life
- Improve air quality within your home
- Staying abreast of current learning and training
- Building a trusting relationship with you
- Providing wood fireplace cleaning appointments for Calgary & Rocky View
- Helping you maintain proper operation of your wood stove
Why is chimney cleaning important?
- Regular chimney cleaning is necessary to avoid fire danger
- Industry practice – clean when there is 1/8” or 3mm of creosote build up
- Prevent corrosion to your venting system with a chimney sweep
- Maintain proper system operation
- Maintain living space air quality with flue cleaning
Other Important Reasons
- Chimneys perform by generating a draft, which pulls poisonous carbon monoxide and dangerous combustion gases from your fireplace, and expels them outside your house through the chimney, to leave the air clean and healthy inside your home. Learn more about chimney sweeper services.
To avoid potential risks like carbon monoxide poisoning and chimney fires, and to live a healthy life, it is vital to hire a professional chimney sweep to inspect and clean your fireplaces and chimneys regularly.
what does a Chimney sweep do?
When a chimney is used regularly, a layer of flammable creosote, soot, ashes, and debris accumulate in your fireplace and chimney. Cleaning and sweeping your chimney dramatically reduces the hazard of a dangerous chimney fire and keeps your living space free of toxic fumes.
Prolong your chimney's life
According to the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), water is your chimney’s biggest enemy, and to extend the life of your chimney, looking out for this enemy and preventing it from entering your chimney is crucial.
- Rusted chimney accessories
- Rotted wood around your fireplace
- Water stained walls and ceilings
- Deteriorated central heating system
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system
- Tilted or collapsed chimney
- Chimney settlement